Craig Hospital is a world-renowned, premier center for specialty rehabilitation and research for people with spinal injury (opens in new window) and brain injury. Craig has a remarkable atmosphere and culture that is casual but professional, active and upbeat. We're a 93-bed inpatient/outpatient, nonprofit hospital that offers acute, short and long-term care.
Our Mission Statement
Craig advocates for and provides exceptional patient and family centered care for those affected by spinal cord and brain injury. Together we bravely strive for optimal health, independence and life quality with unyielding determination.
Our Core Values
- Foster independence through education and experiences
- Encourage peer support
- Develop a family atmosphere where caring for others is shared
- Embrace a culture of safety
- Put fun into the process of rehabilitation
- Advance rehabilitation through research
- Enhance life quality through advocacy and education
- Promote ethics and integrity in all that we do
Craig will be recognized internationally as a leader in providing innovative rehabilitation and health care services through an interdisciplinary team approach focused on delivering exceptional life quality and independence outcomes for people affected by spinal cord and brain injury.
Craig Hospital is both a Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury Model System Center as designated by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR). Craig has been ranked among the Top Ten Rehabilitation Hospitals in the nation for 32 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report since the rankings began in 1990. In 2020, Craig was a recipient of the NDNQI® Award for Outstanding Nursing Quality®. Craig has also been granted recognition as a Magnet-designated organization four consecutive times (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Craig Hospital was voted by employees as a Top Workplace in Colorado by The Denver Post (2012-2016, 2018, 2020) and a Top Workplace in the nation by Energage (2021).
Take a tour of Craig
- Assistive technology
- Attendant care training
- Chaplain and worship services
- Community reintegration support
- Daily living skills and personal care
- Driver's training
- General health and wellness promotion
- Medication management counseling by pharmacist
- Neuroscience laboratory
- Personalized equipment coordination
- Rehabilitation engineer and workshop
- School tutoring
- Sexuality, intimacy and fertility counseling
- Specialized surgical consultations
- Specialty clinics dedicated to posture, skin, wheelchair training and infectious disease
- Stress management
Craig Hospital and Craig Hospital Foundation (tax ID #23-7352287) are each tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Craig Hospital is licensed as a General Hospital by the State of Colorado Dept of Public Health and Environment. We are classified as a Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTAC) by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Craig is accredited by the Joint Commission - latest survey June 2017.