Assistive Technology: Promoting Safety and Independence After a Catastrophic Injury
November 7, 2017
11 am - 12 pm M.T.
Assistive technology provides people with spinal cord and brain injury with the ability to communicate with family and friends, increase their independence to control their environment, and return to productive community living. Assistive Technology: Promoting Safety and Independence after a Catastrophic Injury will introduce a variety of assistive technology options, across the cost spectrum, for people living with spinal cord and brain injuries. This webinar outlines available technologies, reviews case studies, and provides applicable online resources.
- Have an understanding of what Assistive Technology is, who they support and how they support.
- Explore the role and responsibilities of case managers/ adjusters related to Assistive Technology.
- Have an understanding of Assistive Technology options available and their relation to maximizing independence.
- Returning to work/school
- Increased safety
- Home options
- Outside of the home options
- Reduced caregiver assistance
- Explore financial options for Assistive technology resources and their direct impact on outcomes.
- Low Tech Options
- High Tech Options
- Identifying available resources for locating Assistive Technology options.
Jill Baldessari is the supervisor of the Assistive Technology lab and joined the Craig team in 2001. Her areas of expertise include treatment of spinal cord injuries and collaborating with Craig’s Vocational Rehab Department to help patients return to work and school after discharge.
Erin Muston-Firsch came to Craig in 2015 from the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. She specializes in adaptive video gaming, working with adolescents and treatment of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
Craig Rehab U has partnered with CEU Institute to offer courses via live webinar. Courses are one hour in length.
Craig Rehab U webinars provide credit* for: Workers' Compensation Adjusters, Nurses (except IA), Certified Case Managers, Certified Rehab Counselors and Certified Disability Management Specialists are eligible for 1 CE credit for each 1 hour course.**
*Credits will be provided by our partner, CEU Institute.
** Credits for Nurses: RN, LPN, ARNP and CNA (all states except IA) CCM, CDMS and CRC: Nationwide
Adjusters: AK, AL, AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MS, MT, NC, NH, OK, TX, UT, WA, WY
(Certificates Only): AZ, CO, CT, DC, HI, IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, VA, WI, WV