Selecting the right hospital for yourself or your loved one after a spinal cord or traumatic brain injury is a big decision at a challenging time. Here is a quick list of things to consider when you’re narrowing down your options.
Care & Treatment
- Accredited in specialty care.
- Significant experience treating patients with my loved one’s injury (more than 30 SCI or 15 TBI patients at a time).
- Includes the family in rehabilitation & support.
- Committed to cutting edge TBI and SCI research and therapies.
- Offers assistance to transition the patient home before discharge.
- Offers follow-up services.
- 50+ years of specializing in treating patients with my loved one’s injury.
- Interdisciplinary Treatment team model (a team of dedicated physicians and clinicians who routinely meet to discuss your loved one's care).
Facility & Equipment
- On-site housing for families (first 30 days free)
- State-of-the-art gym and aquatic therapy pools
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Staff to patient ratio of 5:1 (nursing & therapy staff) or 10:1 (counseling staff) or lower.
- 10+ years of nursing, treatment, counseling staff experience.
- 13+ years of therapist experience
- 18+ years of physician experience (in spinal cord and traumatic brain injury)
- Designated staff to help families with insurance and future preparations
- Offers educational programs for patients and families.
- Numerous family support programs.
- Offers flexible visitation policies.
- Offers nearby no- or low-cost housing to families.