December 11, 2018
11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Mountain Time
The purpose of this webinar is for attendees to develop a better understanding of the challenges met for those who have sustained a traumatic brain injury. Nurses, clinical case managers and workers compensation claims adjusters will be able to identify challenging behaviors that can hinder rehabilitation along with proven strategies to cope with these behaviors in the inpatient and post-acute setting.
- Identify challenging behaviors that can be disruptive in any setting (Types of behaviors and settings; who it affects and how)
- Identify strategies for behavior management for the inpatient setting
- Identify Strategies to mitigate behavioral challenges (Control vs No Control; Tools for Structure; Behavior Plan; Adjuster/Agent/CCM role prior to inpatient setting)
- Discuss Adjuster/Agent/CCM role in the community settingiIn a post-acute or home setting
- Explain potential consequences of not addressing these behaviors (Disruption of therapy and care; Outcomes, Financial cost)
Jennifer Biggs Arnold BA, RN, MSN CNRN NEA-BC, is the Associate Chief Nursing Officer of the Craig Hospital Nursing Department. Jennifer received her BSN and MSN at Regis University in 2005 and 2011 respectively. She has been a part of the Craig Hospital family since 2003 when she started as a rehab tech. Since joining Nursing Leadership in 2007, Jennifer has been involved in numerous projects including the development of the nursing computer documentation system, chairing the TBI Leadership Committee, and working with a strong interdisciplinary team to make the Brain Injury Summit of 2012, 2015, and 2018 successful conferences. She has had the opportunity to attend multiple educational conferences and has been invited as a speaker many times to speak on the subjects of interdisciplinary collaboration in the brain injury rehabilitation environment. She currently serves on the Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado Board of Directors as the President Elect.
Craig Rehab U has partnered with CEU Institute to offer courses via live webinar. Courses are one hour in length.
Craig Rehab U webinars provide credit* for: Workers' Compensation Adjusters, Nurses (except IA), Certified Case Managers, Certified Rehab Counselors and Certified Disability Management Specialists are eligible for 1 CE credit for each 1 hour course.**
*Credits will be provided by our partner, CEU Institute.
** Credits for Nurses: RN, LPN, ARNP and CNA (all states except IA) CCM, CDMS and CRC: Nationwide
Adjusters: AK, AL, AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MS, MT, NC, NH, OK, TX, UT, WY
(Certificates Only): AZ, CO, CT, DC, HI, IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, VA, WI, WV