With the holidays around the corner, we’ve put together our favorite adaptive gaming products to help you shop for those gamers on your list! 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone, and gaming has actually played an important role in connecting people virtually to socialize separately when we can’t be together in the same room. So, anyone else wishing for some additional gaming gear?
A quick note: when purchasing items, it is important to keep in mind what gaming system the gamer uses (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, etc.) as some things are platform-specific.
11 Great Adaptive Gaming Gift Ideas:
1. XBox Adaptive Controller: Designed primarily to meet the needs of gamers with limited mobility. The controller is a unified hub for devices that helps make gaming more accessible.
2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: A controller that’s able to be tailored to your preferred gaming style with interchangeable thumbsticks, paddles, custom profiles, wrap-around rubberized grip, and more.
3. Satisfye ZenGrip Pro for Nintendo Switch: An asymmetric and ergonomically designed grip to fit a broad range of hand sizes that also comfortably adjusts for extended gameplay.
4. Foamy Lizard Joystick Thumb Grips: 100% silicone grips to enhance grip, precision, and improved accuracy. These can be quickly mounted over existing new or worn analog thumbsticks.
5. Sugru: A multi-purpose mouldable glue that sets strong by turning into silicone rubber. This can be used on gaming controllers to fix, bond, seal, improve, mount, and create stuff.
6. 3D Printed D-Pad Joystick: This is a mini joystick designed to be placed on top of the D-pad of the Xbox Adaptive Controller. You can download the file for free and either 3D print it yourself or find a local library or business that can print it for you.
7. Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Goggle: A high powered wireless goggle that is user-friendly and delivers awe-inspiring games and experiences with unparalleled freedom. It can also used for relaxation and meditation, which can be helpful for people with decreased mobility.
8. Warfighter Engaged: WFE is a charitable non-profit that designs switches, joysticks, and buttons for adaptive gaming setups that Craig has partnered with for many years.
9. AbleGamers: A non-profit charity that aims to improve the overall quality of life for those with disabilities through the power of video games. They can help people figure out what kind of adaptive gaming equipment they need as well as provide financial assistance to purchase them.
10. Gaming Subscription Services: Enhance your gaming experience by subscribing to a game streaming service and get access to over 100+ games, exclusive content, and early access to anticipated game releases.
11. Logitech Adaptive Gaming Kit: The Adaptive Gaming Kit is a collection of high-performance, durable buttons and triggers for the Xbox Adaptive Controller to unlock the possibilities of play.