The Craig Hospital Foundation will participate in Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014. Presented by Community First Foundation and FirstBank, Colorado Gives Day is a 24-hour period to “Give where you live” by making online donations to the hundreds of charities featured on Community First Foundation’s online giving resource, ColoradoGives.org.
In 2013, generous donors gave $151,703.97 to Craig Hospital on Colorado Gives Day. This was a 553 percent increase over the amount raised in 2012. Craig’s goal is to raise $160,000 for Craig patients and programs in 2014.
Craig Colorado Gives Day Ambassador Program
The Foundation is recruiting two Denver-area Craig Hospital graduates to serve as volunteer Colorado Gives Day Ambassadors to help tell the Craig Hospital story and encourage participation on Dec. 9. These two individuals will be the public "face" of Craig for this campaign.
Ambassadors must be willing and available to participate in the following activities:
- Video shoot: Ambassador will tell their "Craig Story" for a 2-3 minute video that will be used on social media, website, and emails. Shoot will take place at Craig and/or at the Ambassador's home or workplace, depending on the needs of the story. Shoot will happen in October or early November 2014. Ambassadors will also pose for still photos during the shoot.
- Television/Radio interviews: Ambassador should be available for TV and radio interviews during work hours on Dec. 8 and 9. Interviews will take place in Denver-area studios, at Craig, or via phone. Media training and talking points will be provided.
- Radio advertisements: Ambassador will voice radio advertisements from prepared script.
Ambassadors should live in the Denver-Metro area, have experienced a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury, and have a compelling story about how Craig Hospital assisted in their recovery. Individuals who are interested in being considered should send a brief email with their story and availability to Jordan Ames, Craig Hospital Foundation Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craig Colorado Gives Day Social Media Outreach Team
The Craig Hospital Foundation is also recruiting members for the Craig CGD Social Media Outreach Team. Team members will:
- Make a gift to Craig Hospital on Colorado Gives Day (encouraged, not required).
- Change their social media profile and cover image to the Craig Colorado Gives Day logo on or before Dec. 9 (graphics will be provided).
- Tweet or post about Colorado Gives Day and share updates on the campaign throughout the day on Dec. 9 (suggested messages will be provided).
- Share Craig's Colorado Gives Day videos.
Individuals interested in joining the CGD Social Media Outreach Team should email Jordan Ames, Craig Hospital Foundation Communications Manager, at email@example.com. She will send a social media toolkit in early December with all the information and images team members will need to spread the word.