Craig Hospital will host the 2015 Brain Injury Summit, January 11-14. This is the second time Craig will host the conference for professionals in the field of brain injury rehabilitation. Craig first hosted the event in 2012 in Beaver Creek, Colorado.
The 2012 conference was a success with 350 Brain Injury Professionals in attendance from 38 different states and 2 countries (Australia and Canada). The focus of the summit was to gather national experts and rising leaders in the field to explore best practices across the traumatic brain injury continuum of care.
This year the summit will be held at Vail Cascade in Vail, Colorado.
Visit the Brain Injury Summit website for an overview and preliminary program.
The 4 main goals of the 2015 Brain Injury Summit are to:
- Examine clinical best practices throughout the continuum of care for management of adults and children with mild to severe traumatic brain injuries
- Interpret current research findings and determine implications for application to clinical practice and optimizing patient outcomes
- Describe the impact of traumatic brain injury on survivors and their families and identify community resources to improve quality of life
- Enhance communication within the network of traumatic brain injury service providers by gaining an understanding of other roles and perspectives
The Craig Hospital conference steering committee is an interdisciplinary team that includes members from Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, CNS Medical Group, Nursing, Family Services, Speech Therapy and Administration, who are focused on providing a state-of-the-art, interdisciplinary, and inspirational conference for professionals in the field of brain injury rehabilitation.
- Call for abstracts is open: Deadline August 1, 2014
- Registration opens late May
- Conference dates January 11-14
Visit the Brain Injury Summit website for accommodation information and special conference rates at Vail Cascade.