If accessing the keyboard is challenging and lack of time is an issue, use speech recognition software to dictate a note to that special someone on Valentine’s Day.
- Speech recognition capability is built into the operating system
- Use your computer to recognize your voice and spoken commands
- Run programs and interact with Windows or dictate into word processing programs
- Fill out online forms or edit text. View common commands in Windows speech recognition.
- Lets you speak naturally to create or edit documents, use email, search your computer, find maps, news, images, and more
- Creates individual voice files and over time, “learns” how you talk and write
- Dictate anything: prices, dates, URLs, punctuation, acronyms, etc. or personalize the vocabulary with custom words and phrases
- Comes with a wired headset.
Adaptive Lab Tips:
- Speak clearly (speak like you are a news reporter)
- Correct errors when Dragon makes mistakes (this will help the program learn and become more accurate)
- A wired mic is a better option for many because it is easier to use, keep the mic hooked up and ready to go all the time