Craig’s mission is to provide exceptional patient and family-centered care for those affected by spinal cord or brain injury throughout their lifetimes, striving for optimal health, independence and life quality. To achieve this mission, we go well beyond the therapy and medical care covered by insurance to provide a range of programs that changes the trajectory of patients’ futures, sparking hope, opportunity and empowerment.
Craig’s Culture of Care programs are at the heart of Craig’s unique approach to rehabilitation and rely on the generosity and commitment of donors. They include:
- The Assistive Tech Lab provides hands-on education and training on technological resources to help patients communicate, control their environment, and achieve work and school goals.
- The Community Reintegration program helps patients overcome barriers to returning to work, school or other productive activity through assessments, career exploration, coaching and employer education.
- Craig’s Neurologic Music Therapy program supports patients with their rehabilitation and recovery of nonmusical functions, such as motor skills, speech, language and cognitive functioning.
- The Nurse Advice Line provides access to expert medical advice through this award-winning, national phone-based resource.
- Complementary alternative medicine helps patients improve and restore physical, cognitive and emotional well-being through alternative medicine, including massage, acupuncture and yoga.
- Therapeutic Recreation provides leisure-time activities that shape our identities, give life fullness, and promote physical and mental health through recreational activities.
- The School Program empowers young patients to continue their studies while at Craig by helping them stay on track academically and retain ties with their schools, teachers and peers.
The Craig Foundation must raise $2,040,000 for Culture of Care programs in fiscal 2019 to ensure that patients have uninterrupted access to these important therapies. To make a donation to the Culture of Care fund, visit craighospital.org/foundation/culture-of-care or call 303-789-8650.