As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to change daily life across the U.S., Craig is receiving many questions from our spinal cord and brain injury community about how to be prepared and stay safe during this outbreak. Craig’s Nurse Advice Line is here to help answer those questions and provide support for people across the country living with spinal cord and brain injuries, their families, caregivers and their healthcare providers, whether or not they’ve ever been a patient at Craig.
Some common questions we’ve received during the COVID-19 outbreak include:
- What should I do if my caregiver gets sick and can’t show up? How do I make a back-up plan for caregiving?
- What should my caregiver do while in my home to prevent the risk of infection?
- What happens if I run out of catheters and can’t order more?
- What can I do if I’m running out of disposable medical gloves?
- Are there ways for me to refill my prescriptions early?
If you have these or any other questions, you can call the Nurse Advice Line and a Craig nurse will help troubleshoot your situation to find the best possible solution.
How to call the Nurse Advice Line:
Number: 800-247-0257 or 303-789-8508
Hours: Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (MT)
Please note: The Nurse Advice Line is not for emergency situations. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
For resources on protecting yourself and your community, please see our COVID-19 information page. You can also see the most recent updates from Craig on how we are responding to the pandemic on our website. As always, you can access general resources about SCI and BI in our Resource Library.
The Nurse Advice Line is supported in part by grants and individual donations. Visit the Craig Foundation’s site to learn how you can support this vital program.
Contacting the Nurse Advice Line
- Call the Nurse Advice Line and explain your concerns.
- Once on the line, a licensed nurse will listen and assess your situation.
- The licensed nursed will work you to identify the best possible solution.