Bryan Richardson’s Going Home Fund
Jeff and Sharon Richardson have been personally touched by the devastating impact of a brain injury when their son, Bryan, suffered a rare brain bleed in March of this year (2020). Bryan has been a patient here at Craig Hospital and continues to be a warrior as he works through his rehabilitation.
Catastrophic brain and spinal cord injuries are not only physically and psychologically overwhelming, for many Craig patients they are also financially devastating. Getting to know other families at Craig, the Richardsons have committed to helping those facing the financial burdens of going home by offering a matching gift of $100,000 for donations made to a Going Home Fund. Expenses associated with the injuries, often combined with temporary or permanent loss of income on the part of the patient and/or family members who become caregivers, can push families underwater financially.
The Going Home Fund will provide a safety net for patients and families whose financial means (including insurance) are inadequate to meet the financial burdens associated with catastrophic injury. These funds help patients remodel homes for accessibility, train caregivers, make travel arrangements, receive needed medical or dental care, meet transitional financial emergencies, and provide durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, lifts, and shower chairs. To learn more about Craig click here.
To support this effort:
- Make a gift through credit card – click here
- Donor advised fund – initiate a gift through your DAF by designating: Craig Hospital Foundation Tax ID:23-7352287 and be sure to note the gift is designated to the Going Home Fund
- Gift of stock - click here for instructions
- Wire instructions - click here for wire instructions OR
- Mail a check made out to the Craig Foundation to 3425 S. Clarkson St., Englewood, CO 80113 attn: Craig Foundation. Please be sure to include information designating your gift to the Going Home Fund.
The Craig Hospital Foundation (tax ID #23-7352287) is a private, nonprofit corporation and is a qualified charitable organization under section 501(C) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax-deductible in accordance with state and federal regulations. Consult your financial planner or tax advisor to determine the exact tax advantages of any gift you are considering.