Donate to the Mike Fordyce Excellence Award Endowment
Mike Fordyce will be retiring after 10 years as President and CEO of Craig Hospital. As we begin to say our goodbyes and consider Mike’s personal and professional leadership, we invite you to join with other members of the Craig Family to honor him.
To reflect the leadership, kindness, and personal generosity Mike has shown Craig, the Board has allocated up to $100,000 for a dollar-for-dollar match of gifts from others to establish a permanent endowment fund in Mike’s name.
The new endowment will provide an annual Mike Fordyce Excellence Award that will give clinical and non-clinical Craig staff the opportunity to pursue projects or education aimed at advancing Craig’s commitment to excellence. This could include bringing outside experts to Craig for training of staff, a visitation to other U.S. facilities to study potential methods for improvement, or other educational opportunities.
Please honor Mike by making a donation to the Mike Fordyce Excellence Award Endowment. Your gift will be doubled by the Craig Board up to a collective $100,000!
The Mike Fordyce Excellence Award
The purpose of the fund is to provide opportunities to ALL clinical and non-clinical Craig staff to pursue projects or specific education aimed at advancing Craig’s commitment to excellence. This could include bringing outside experts to Craig for training of staff, a visitation to other U.S. facilities to study potential methods for improvement in one or more aspect of Craig’s programs or processes, or other educational opportunities. In general, payment for an individual to attend a conference will not be considered. Interdisciplinary proposals for participating in a group learning experience relevant to Craig will receive preferential consideration.
All employees in good standing with at least 2 years of employment at Craig may apply.
- Submit Application (link coming soon) to the Assistant to the President in Administration no later than December 15. A committee appointed by the President will review the proposals. Selection of proposals will be made by January 15.
- The application should include a narrative description of 2 pages or less detailing the proposed use of funds, participants, nature of the project, and intended objectives. In addition, a plan for sharing what was learned with Craig staff, and a project budget, must be submitted.
- In general, proposals involving travel to another location should not exceed 10 work days, which will be covered as educational leave for Craig employees. For invited guests to Craig, reasonable expenses and an honorarium will be considered.
- Amounts up to $10,000 may be requested. The committee may choose to approve multiple proposals, not to exceed a total of $10,000/per year.
- A written summary of the experience, recommendations for sharing the information learned and an expense summary must be submitted within 30 days of conclusion of the project.
- Approved proposals must be completed within 6 months.