How to Give to the Craig Foundation
Thank you for your interest in helping Craig Hospital to maintain its excellence as one of the world’s top spinal cord and brain injury facilities. The unparalleled success of graduates who have completed rehabilitation here has given Craig this stellar reputation. Your contributions ensure that people who suffer catastrophic injury can always achieve the best possible outcomes.
There are several ways that individuals, families, corporations and foundations can support the Craig Foundation.
- Donate or make a pledge of support online. Your gift will be processed immediately and start to make an impact from the moment you hit submit. You can even set up a pledge, recurring gift, or make a gift in honor or memory of someone.
- Mail a Check made out to the Craig Foundation to 3425 S. Clarkson St., Englewood, CO 80113 attn: Craig Foundation. If not otherwise noted, gifts will be directed toward the unrestricted fund.
- Donate a gift of stock. Review the stock transfer instructions or call 303-789-8650 for additional information.
- Make a gift by wire transfer. Call 303-789-8650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and instructions.
- Donate via Phone by calling 303-789-8650.
- Fundraise for Craig through our online platform. What do you enjoy most? Whatever it is - music, running, rolling, celebrating, cooking or something else - you can do it to raise money for Craig as part of Team Craig.
- Include Craig in your will or estate plans. When you let us know you plan to leave a legacy to Craig, you will become a member of the Frank Craig Society and be invited to a special event each fall. Learn more at our planned giving website.
- Sponsor or attend a Craig event. Craig hosts a variety of signature events throughout the year to benefit Craig programs and patients.
- Host an event to benefit Craig. If you’re interested in hosting an event to benefit Craig, review the Community Partner Event Guidelines, then complete the event application form (PDF) and contact Caroline Craven at 303-789-8919, email@example.com.
- Donate a car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, van, camper or boat, regardless of the condition. The donation process is safe and simple. You get rid of your unwanted vehicle and you may qualify for a tax deduction, all while supporting Craig. Learn more at our Vehicles for Charity website.
Tax ID #23-7352287
- How do I make a gift?
There are several ways that individuals, families, corporations and foundations can support the Craig Foundation.
- Donate or make a pledge of support online. Your gift will be processed immediately and start to make an impact from the moment you hit Submit.
- Mail a check made out to the Craig Foundation to 3425 S. Clarkson St., Englewood, CO 80113 attn: Craig Foundation. If not otherwise noted, gifts will be directed toward the unrestricted fund.
- Donate via phone by calling 303-789-8650.
- What type of tax benefits can I receive for making a gift?
The Craig Hospital Foundation (tax ID #23-7352287) is a private, not-for-profit corporation and is a qualified charitable organization under section 501(C) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax-deductible in accordance with state and federal regulations. Consult your financial planner or tax advisor to determine the exact tax advantages of any gift you are considering.
- How do I give a one-time gift or set up automatic recurring payments?
A gift of cash in support of Craig is the easiest way to give. You can have recurring donations deducted on a monthly basis, or make a one-time gift. If you itemize for the IRS, your gift to the Craig Foundation is generally tax-deductible. We will send you an acknowledgment letter for your tax records. Recurring donations can also be set up online. Donors can choose to have a set amount deducted from an account on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- A loved one has passed away. How do I request donations to Craig in lieu of flowers?
We are so sorry for your loss and thank you for your decision to help Craig patients in memory of your loved one.
If you would like to request donations to Craig, please share this information with friends and family.
Thank you for donating to Craig in memory of [insert name]. There are three easy ways to give:
Donate online at https://craighospital.org/foundation/donate. On that page, there is the option to make a donation in memory of someone. Donors should specify [insert name's] name.
Send donations via mail, with checks made out to Craig Foundation. Please note in the memo section or in a letter that the gift is in memory of [insert name]. Address: Craig Foundation, 3425 S. Clarkson St., Englewood CO 80113.
Donate with a credit card via phone by calling 303-789-8650.
We will notify you of all gifts received in your loved one's name. We are also happy to provide donation envelopes for memorial services. If you have any questions or special requests about how the funds should be directed, please contact Lori Allington at 303-789-8331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I make a gift in honor or memory of someone?
A gift to Craig in memory of a loved one, in honor of an accomplishment, or to recognize a milestone in someone's life is a very personal and loving tribute. When you make an honor/tribute gift, the person or family you designate will be sent a card acknowledging your generosity. The acknowledgment card sent to the honoree will not include the amount of your gift. For more information call 303-789-8650 or email email@example.com.
- How can I thank my Craig doctor or therapy team member?
You can also express your gratitude and say "thank you" to the Craig staff members who touched your heart during your stay by making your donation to the Craig Foundation in their honor. Each honored Craig staff member will receive a card informing them of your thoughtful donation as well as a custom-crafted lapel pin to wear proudly. When making your donation, please note the name of the staff member you wish to honor.
- How do I find out about corporate giving or matching gifts?
Through corporate partnerships, we seek to facilitate relationships that benefit both Craig Hospital and the partner company. Whether your company gives an outright gift or sponsors an event, the relationship will be satisfying and successful.
In addition, your employer may be willing to match your gift to the Craig Hospital Foundation. Please speak with a representative from your company's human resource area.
For more information call Amy Farnan at 303-789-8912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I would like to make a gift of over $10,000. How will I be recognized?
The Craig Foundation established the President's Circle to recognize and thank individuals, corporations, foundations and other donors who support Craig with an annual gift of $10,000 or more. The generosity of these donors has funded life-changing programs for Craig patients, supported the campus expansion project, enabled Craig patients to regain their independence and return home, and enabled Craig's impact to extend far beyond the Englewood campus.
President's Circle members are invited to a special event each fall and receive other exclusive event invitations throughout the year. Members are also recognized in the Craig Foundation Annual Report.
- Can I include Craig in my will and estate plans?
Frank Craig Society members have made plans in their wills or estates to leave a legacy to Craig. These gifts make a significant difference in the future of Craig, creating a lasting legacy for the donor, while helping assure independent futures for those whom Craig serves. Frank Craig Society members are invited to a special event each fall. For more information about planned giving visit our Planned Giving Website.
This group is named after Frank Craig, who founded a tent colony in 1907 to care for indigent men suffering from tuberculosis. He used his personal finances to care for those most in need, and inspired an entire community to provide comfort and care to those less fortunate. Frank Craig's mission evolved from a tent colony for tuberculosis to one of the world's finest rehabilitation centers for spinal cord and brain injury. His legacy of compassion for others guides Craig to this day. Members of the Frank Craig Society share in this rich legacy, supporting the Hospital through a planned gift.
If you have already included Craig in your estate plans and have not let us know, please contact Jacqueline Hall, Senior Director of Principal Gifts, at 303-789-8208 or email email@example.com,
- How can I host an event to benefit Craig?
Events planned by community groups and individuals are a vital source of funds for the Craig Foundation. Consider hosting an event to raise awareness and funds for a Craig program, or to honor a friend, neighbor or family member who has received care at Craig.
If you're interested in hosting an event to benefit Craig, review the Community Partner Event Guidelines, then complete the event application form (PDF) and contact Caroline Craven at 303-789-8919, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your application, we will evaluate your event proposal for its appropriateness and benefit to Craig Hospital.
- Can I give a gift of stock or tangible personal property?
A charitable gift of stock provides an opportunity for tax savings while generously supporting the Craig Hospital Foundation. Please consult with your tax advisor if you any questions as to the deductibility of your gift, in particular if you are donating in support of an event or auction item as there may be capital gains taxes associated with the benefits received. For more information, review the stock transfer instructions, call 303-789-8650 or email email@example.com.
Gifts of Tangible Personal Property
This category includes items such as art objects, prized collections or appreciated real estate. You can take a deduction of the item's fair market value if the item's use is related to our tax-exempt function, such as an auction item. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.
- Can I donate my vehicle, boat, RV or motorcycle to Craig?
Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Donating your old vehicle to Craig is convenient, easy and may qualify you for a tax deduction. Best of all, your donation of a used car or truck will make a big difference in supporting Craig patients and programs.
The Craig Hospital Foundation has partnered with Vehicles For Charity to process donated vehicles. Just call 1-866-628-2277 or complete the simple online form and they'll take care of the rest. Vehicles for Charity will pick up your vehicle, arrange to have your donation towed and provide you with a tax-deductible receipt, all at no charge to you.
What can I donate?
You can donate most any vehicle, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. It does not have to be currently running. Your vehicle donation will be sold at an auction or to salvage depending on condition.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, the Craig Foundation is a non-profit organization and all donations qualify as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return.
How is the value of my car determined?
The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells for at auction unless it sells for less than $500. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you may deduct no more than $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will need to include the IRS form 1098-C. Vehicles for Charity will supply this documentation after your vehicle sells. We recommend you consult your tax advisor with questions about your deduction.
What do I need to donate my car?
The title to the car must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the car. This will assist us in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.
Will you pick up my car?
A towing company will call you to schedule the pick-up of your vehicle. You will need to give the driver the keys to the vehicle as well as your signed title.