Therapeutic Recreation Internship Program
The Therapeutic Recreation Department's internship program is full time for 15 weeks during the spring and fall semesters. Summer internships are not offered. Students must have completed all coursework and other internships before completing an internship at Craig Hospital. Acceptance of student interns is dependent upon available supervisors. An interview is required prior to acceptance.
To apply for an internship:
- Application deadline for spring semester is August 15th and April 15th for fall semester.
- Those who have sent all completed requirements will be contacted and considered for an interview.
- Selections will be made by September 1st for spring semester and May 1st for fall semester.
- Once candidates are selected, Craig Hospital will work with Universities in establishing an affiliation agreement.
- All instructions for what materials to include, including where to send application materials, are included in the application. Please download the application above.
- Due to the number of candidates, Craig will not be able to accept all that apply. Please consider all of your possibilities for placement.
- The state of Colorado requires all interns to be covered by worker's compensation insurance. Please contact your schools risk management office for documentation regarding worker's compensation coverage.
***Due to COVID-19 and our concern to protect the health and safety of our patients, graduates, families and our employees, and to limit community exposure as per the CDC guidelines, we have made the difficult decision to suspend our Therapeutic Recreation Internship Program.
No date has been determined as to when we will be able to resume. Please continue to check our website for updates.***
For further information, please contact:
Lori Womeldorff or Brenda Bertrand
Frequently Asked Questions
- When would I start?
Fall internship usually begins around Labor Day in September. Winter/Spring internship usually begins in January (usually the 1st Monday after New Year’s day). Depending on your school semester we can be flexible.
- Do you offer housing?
We do not have housing available.
- Do you offer a stipend?
We do not offer a stipend and do not suggest you working on your internship. We work many hours and they are varied. We appreciate your commitment to your internship.
- Do I need a car?
We recommend you have your own mode of transportation. We work many off hours and travel to many city locations throughout your internship. Although the public transportation system is good, you may be traveling in odd hours where services aren’t as available.