Englewood, Colorado: Home to Craig Hospital
Craig Hospital is in Englewood, Colorado, which is centrally located within the Denver Metropolitan area. Englewood has a small town feel with some great “big city “amenities and is home to 30,255 residents and 1,699 businesses. Many of those amenities are open to the public and available to you and your family during your stay at Craig Hospital.
10 great things about Craig Hospital’s home: Englewood, Colorado
- The City of Englewood offers a FREE shuttle called the “art” shuttle bus. Shuttle stops include grocery stores, the library and other points of interest like transportation to the RTD Englewood Light Rail from Craig Hospital.
- In the center of Englewood by the civic center and library there is a Light Rail station with access to the Denver metro area. Ticket machines are available onsite and accept cash and credit.
- Englewood Public Library offers a number of programs for families, including daily story times for kids, and Paws to R.E.A.D. program which allows kids to read to therapy dogs to improve their reading confidence in a fun environment.
- The Museum of Outdoor Arts (MOA) is located in the same building as the library (Englewood’s Civic Center) and showcases a variety of traveling exhibits. MOA offers indoor galleries, studios and special events and programs.
- For music lovers, Englewood Arts offers a classical concert series as well as a Friday night concert series, Starlight Rhythms. Concerts are held in Englewood Civic Center’s Hampden Hall.
- Englewood Rec Center offers a number of family-friendly programs as well as excursions and fitness classes for all.
- Broken Tee Golf Course is a local golf course about 10 minutes away from Craig Hospital. It’s been named “Best Course for Women” and “Best Course for Seniors,” by Colorado AvidGolfer. You can schedule tee times and view coupons through Broken Tee’s phone app. Accessible golf carts are available.
- Pirates Cove Family Fun Aquatic Center is open May through September and at 15 minutes away, a convenient outing for families. Pirates Cove offers a leisure pool with a large play structure, a 25-meter, 6-lane pool, a 35-foot slide tower and three slides, a lazy river, concessions and more. There arelifts to access three bodies of water and ADA compliant ramps to access all 3 levels of the park.
- There are number of great parks in Englewood that are all very close to Craig Hospital. Belleview Park offers a miniature train ride and a children’s farm (petting zoo).
- Englewood offers a number of seasonal events throughout the year, including a summer concert series, “Sounds of Summer,” Englewood’s Funfest every August at Belleview Park with many low or no cost activities for kids and families, the Great Egg Scramble Easter egg hunt, the December Holiday Parade and the Halloween Carnival at Englewood Rec Center.