It is the policy of Craig Hospital to provide certified diverse business enterprises the maximum opportunity to participate as partners and suppliers of goods and services. Craig Hospital is committed to supplier diversity as an integral part of its overall Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy.
Implicit in this policy is the assumption that any such diverse business shall have the required qualifications to bid for the provision of goods and services. Craig Hospital Supply Chain Management maintains a certified diverse vendor file.
Craig Hospital recognizes that these diverse firms enhance its supply chain and increase its competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our goal as an organization is not only to be "best in class," but to create a Supplier Diversity Program that is recognized as such among nationally and internationally renowned health systems and the larger business community.
All staff associated with Craig Hospital's Supply Chain Management activities will be made aware of this policy. These employees are expected to commit themselves to its implementation through integration into purchasing and distribution strategies, procedures, and good faith efforts.
Our objectives include:
- Actively seeking out certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, high-quality goods and services whose business model is aligned with our business strategy.
- Ensuring the inclusion of diverse suppliers as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
- Developing new, creative and innovative means to utilize small business enterprises.
We will measure our success based upon our ability to attain and exceed these objectives
Craig Hospital is committed to building a strong Supplier Diversity Program. The foundation of our program consists of internal and external deliverables to help ensure program success.
Our program focuses on:
- Objective Measurements — establishing and meeting company and departmental goals and objectives that support our overall diversity strategy.
- Tracking and Reporting — monitoring and reporting our progress toward achieving our supplier diversity goals and objectives with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Training and Education — helping to ensure that employees in decision-making positions throughout our organization understand Craig Hospital's supplier diversity principles and commitment.
- External Outreach Activities — seeking diverse suppliers through active involvement with small business and minority development organizations, and participation in various procurement events.
- Communications — educating employees, management, diverse suppliers, and the community-at-large on our supplier diversity program, policies, and achievements.
- Second Tier Program — working with Craig Hospital suppliers to achieve supplier diversity at multi-tiered levels within our supply chain.