Specialized hospitals offer extraordinary care & better outcomes to people with complex injuries.
Patients at specialty hospitals have access to extraordinary expertise, resources and therapy programs that aren’t often available at general rehabilitation centers. Specialty hospitals often have years of experience treating individuals with spinal cord injuries (SCI) and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). These dedicated facilities have patient and family support programs designed for SCI and TBI patients.
Staff at specialty hospitals know how to help families navigate complex SCI/TBI care at an emotionally challenging time.
Specialty Hospitals Offer Better Outcomes
Choosing a rehabilitation program that specializes in SCI or TBI therapies means:
- Improved functional independence
- Reduced medical complications
- Relevant education and resources
- Improved productivity
- Lower long-term costs
- Better preparation and support for a successful future
Because specialty hospitals put together a custom team of physicians, therapists and caregivers, every patient’s plan is designed with unprecedented expertise.
Benefits of Choosing a Specialty Hospital
- High-quality staff with focused experience
- Peer support from patients with similar injuries
- Specialized patient and family education and resources
- More options to participate in research studies
- Access to services not found in most rehabilitation centers
- Specialized long-term support