The general contractor, G.E. Johnson, and RTA Architects developed sophisticated construction phasing, so patient care, treatment, and outcomes are not compromised and disruptions to patients, families, and staff are minimized as much as possible.
But we're not done yet...
While much has been done over the last two and half years and it’s exciting to see the positive impact of changes made, work still continues. This includes the following:
- To meet the increasing demand and need for services, the new Outpatient Clinic will double in size and will include fourteen adequately sized exam rooms, two consultation rooms, updated equipment, integrated patient lifts, greatly expanded therapy support services, and two large therapy gyms which will enable Craig to serve more than twice the number of patients we’re currently able to serve,
- Larger space to house the Community Reintegration program,
- A new, larger space for the Nursing Education programming,
- A large Procedure Suite on the second floor with three dedicated procedure rooms for both inpatients and outpatients,
- Relocation of the pharmacy, chapel, gift shop, and a sewing room for volunteers; and a renovated café for patients, families, and staff.
The entire project is scheduled for completion in September 2016.