As we continue to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 situation, we will be updating this webpage with the latest screening, visitation and operational changes at Craig Hospital. We are also sharing updates on our public hotline at 303-789-8888, our Facebook page and other communication channels. Please check this page regularly for updates. To learn more about protecting yourself and your community, visit our COVID-19 information page and call our Nurse Advice Line with any questions. If you would like to donate or sew face masks for Craig, learn how you can contribute here.
As of April 6, 2020
Please be aware that as of April 6, 2020, no visitors will be allowed at Craig for inpatients or outpatients. We realize this is a difficult change, however, with the increase in community spread of COVID-19 we need to take additional measures to protect our patients, families, and staff.
- For inpatients, one caregiver will be scheduled to visit Craig to complete training prior to discharge.
- Inpatients will only be allowed outside of our buildings as part of therapy.
- Patient Family Housing rooms are limited to one caregiver.
- Caregivers of outpatients will require approval to attend outpatient appointments at Craig.
PEAK Center Closure
The PEAK Center, including the general gym, personal training and the FES bike, is closed to all PEAK community clients until further notice. Please call 303-789-8325 if you have any questions.
Outpatient Services has made the following changes:
- All scheduled SCI and TBI interdisciplinary outpatient evaluations (IOEs) through May 31, 2020 are canceled. We are rescheduling IOEs to dates following this time period; however, these dates are tentative and subject to change based on the rapidly evolving situation. If you would like to reschedule your IOE, please call 303-789-8215.
- We are not accepting new patients at this time.
- Current patients in the outpatient program may have changes to their schedules. You will be contacted individually regarding your schedule. If you have a scheduled appointment coming up very soon and you have not yet been contacted, please call 303-789-8177.
- The Outpatient Clinic is closed except for urgent medical services. If you have any concerns, please call 303-789-8317.
Craig Hospital does not have an emergency department or urgent care center and does not provide emergency, urgent care, or primary care services. We do not do COVID-19 testing at Craig Hospital. If you are experiencing these symptoms, contact your primary care physician or if unavailable, CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911.
March 18, 2020
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, I would like to provide you with an update on how we're responding at Craig. With the goal of protecting our patients, staff and families, we are doing everything we can to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
As we have all witnessed, this is a rapidly evolving and changing situation and we are staying up to date on the latest information from state and local officials and responding rapidly and as appropriate. We have limited visitors, closed the PEAK fitness center and limited children under 12 to immediate family of inpatients. We are actively screening all visitors, outpatients and staff and are denying entry to anyone who is showing symptoms or has travel or COVID-19 contact history.
One of the main ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to practice social distancing. In order to do this to the full extent that we can, all employees who can perform their jobs off-site will not be permitted to be on-site until further notice. We are fully capable of operating as usual in this format and ensure you that there will be no interruption to the continuity of business at Craig. Those who are off-site will be connecting with each other as well as business partners externally in many ways that respect social distancing including Zoom meetings, webinars, phone conferences and other digital solutions.
This situation is unsettling in a host of ways and my primary role, in addition to keeping our patients, families and teams safe, is to address the emotional health and well-being of our caregivers and teams during this unprecedented time. I am blessed to serve a team of people who always put patients and families first and remain humbled by their sense of mission and purpose while juggling family and other personal priorities.
As we all do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19, be assured that our clinical operations have not been impacted and will continue to operate as usual. Our clinicians will be screened daily upon arrival to work and will continue to report to work and care for our patients as we always have. We will continue admitting and caring for new inpatients and will provide the highest level of neurorehabilitation care that we are so well known for.
Please take good care of yourselves during this time.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to update our website at craighospital.org/COVID-19 as well as our public emergency hotline at 303-789-8888.
Thank you and be well.
Jandel Allen-Davis, MD | President + CEO | Craig Hospital