As we continue to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 situation, we will be updating this webpage with the latest screening, visitation and operational changes at Craig Hospital. We are also sharing updates on our public hotline at 303-789-8888, our Facebook page and other communication channels. Please check this page regularly for updates. To learn more about protecting yourself and your community, visit our COVID-19 information page and call our Nurse Advice Line with any questions. If you would like to support us during this unprecedented time, click here for more information or you can donate or sew face masks.
Craig Hospital is actively screening all persons permitted to enter our buildings daily, including taking temperatures. If you answer yes to any of the following screening questions, you will not be able to enter.
Face Masks are required on Craig's campus. Click here for masking guidelines in English and Spanish.
Craig Hospital is able to offer the following caregiver options. These guidelines are subject to change.
Inpatients are allowed ONE designated caregiver on campus per day.
- Caregiver on-campus hours are 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Up to two caregivers can be designated per patient.
- Only one caregiver is allowed entry per day.
- The first person to enter the hospital and be screened is the ONLY caregiver allowed entry for that day.
- All caregivers are screened for temperature and other symptoms daily and must obtain and wear the daily screening sticker at all times.
- All caregivers are also required to wear face covers at all times, including outside on our campus.
- Each time a caregiver re-enters the building, they are required to show I.D. and the daily screening sticker.
- No spending the night at Craig (exceptions for minors noted below).
- Minors (18 or younger)
- One designated caregiver on campus per day. May choose to spend the night.
- Caregiver that spends the night must be screened or leave the hospital by 9 a.m.
What is a caregiver?
- A caregiver is a person who will be consistently involved in patient’s care upon discharge and who will need on-site training during inpatient’s stay.
- Caregivers do not include children under the age of 18.
- Visits from friends or family who are not caregivers are not permitted at this time.
- Patient/Family Housing is reserved for caregiver accommodation only.
- A max of two people are allowed to stay in Patient/Family Housing.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed in Patient/Family Housing.
- Caregivers are screened upon every entry into the hospital.
- Caregivers may also be screened in Patient/Family Housing in addition to entry into the hospital.
Craig Hospital reserves the right to ask those not abiding by the following rules to leave the campus:
- Hand sanitizing or washing is required upon every entry and exit of a patient room.
- Face covers are required at all times unless eating or drinking. This includes while outside for an on-campus pass.
- Face covers/masks should cover both the nose and mouth.
- Patients or caregivers are not permitted to visit in other patient rooms.
- Social distancing of 6 feet from others should be maintained when possible.
- In common spaces, marks on floors should be used to maintain social distancing.
- All meals must be eaten in patient's room.
- For patient/caregivers on 2E/4W – please obtain your meals from the 4W bistro
- For patient/caregivers on 3E/3W – please obtain your meals from the 3W bistro
Inpatient On-Campus Passes and Outdoor Visitation
- Inpatients are only allowed to go outside with staff or if they have an approved on-campus pass (patients or caregivers with on-campus pass are identified by a green armband).
- Limited and socially distanced outdoor family visitation can only occur as part of a pre-scheduled appointment with therapies.
- Inpatients who have on-campus passes must be socially distanced in designated common areas and cannot use this time to meet with visitors or visit other patients
- Outpatient management is actively working on outpatient service reintegration and Telehealth options. Please stay tuned for updates.
- We are currently working on rescheduling IOEs that were cancelled. If you would like to reschedule your IOE, please call 303-789-8215.
- We are not accepting new patients at this time.
- Current patients in the outpatient program may have changes to their schedules. You will be contacted individually regarding your schedule. If you have a scheduled appointment coming up very soon and you have not yet been contacted, please call 303-789-8177.
Outpatient and Approved Caregiver On-Campus Guidelines
- Patients and caregivers must wear screening sticker at all times, including outside.
- Patients must wear a medical mask at all times, including outside.
- Approved caregivers (or interpreters) must wear a cloth face cover at all times, including outside.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required at all times in public spaces.
- Caregivers of outpatients require approval to attend outpatient appointments at Craig.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to attend visits. No exceptions.
- Outpatients and their caregivers are restricted to 1W, 2W (for urology only) or 1E (for driving only) at all times and only during scheduled appointment time.
- Patients and their caregiver will be escorted to and from their appointment.
- Outpatients and caregivers may not visit the cafeteria, bistros, gift shop or any other areas of the hospital.
- The only outdoor space on Craig's campus that is approved for outpatients and their caregiver is the BBQ grill area in between patient family housing and the east building.
- Caregivers not approved for a visit need to wait in their vehicle or off Craig's campus.
- Minors (18 or younger) may have one adult caregiver at all times.
Craig Hospital does not have an emergency department or urgent care center and does not provide emergency, urgent care, or primary care services. We do not do COVID-19 testing at Craig Hospital. If you are experiencing these symptoms, contact your primary care physician or if unavailable, CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911.